Monday, July 20, 2009

Practice Cake

I just finished my practice run of the princess castle cake for my daughter's birthday party. Her birthday is tomorrow so I wanted her to have a cake on her actual birthday and I needed the practice for the cake for Saturday. To my surprise the cake was not hard to make and it doesn't look that bad. It's not professional but my daughter loves it and that is the most important thing. The one I am going to make Saturday is going to be bigger but I don't think it will be any harder. The most important part of making the whole thing is to put it in the freezer between each layer of icing so that it can set up. Thank goodness we bought a new freezer last week that has ample space for me to put the cake in. I don't know what I would have done without it because until we bought the new freezer my old one was jammed full. I will publish pictures when I figure out how to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment