Friday, December 16, 2011

Individual apple crisps

The other night I wanted to fix something sweet but wanted to do something super simple so I cooked Individual apple crisps. They were very simple and tasted good too.

I cut the very tops of of four apples (this recipe can be adjusted for however many you need) then took out the core. I didn't take out all of the center, I left enough at the bottom so the stuffing wouldn't come out of the apple. I place them in a baking dish and sprinkled them with cinnamon.
In a bowl I combined equal amounts of brown sugar and quick cooking oatmeal. I stuffed the mixture in each apple and them topped them with a pat of butter.
I put about a 1/4 inch of water in baking dish and covered it with aluminum foil. I baked them on 425 degrees for about 20-30 mins covered and then another 5-10 mins uncovered of until the apples were soft and then served them hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment