Saturday, January 8, 2011

My New Declaration

Today was spent trying to get caught up on house work and cooking. I has seemed like over the past few months that I just haven't been able to get caught up on all the house work. I got behind when I was pregnant with Zoe and the recovery time after her birth. It seem like I am just now beginning to get caught up. Cleaning is not one of my strengths. I start doing one thing then see something else that needs done and start doing that task and it just seems like it takes twice as long to complete a task as it should. In the past this has been a point of frustration for me, but I have decided to have a new attitude about cleaning and just take things one at a time. I have been trying to look at the smaller task and not look at the "big picture" so to say. I have also come to the realization that my house will never be the one you see in magazines with every element perfectly placed and organized and not a speck of dust or dirt to be seen anywhere. I have accepted the fact that my house will always have that "lived in" look. But you know what? I wouldn't have it any other way. When you come to my house I want everyone to feel comfortable. I want my kids to remember the fun times we have not a picture perfect house that they feel they can't have fun in. Do I want my house to be presentable? Do I want my children to keep their rooms where you can at least walk into it? The answer to both of those is yes. However, I am vowing that cleaning will not overrun my life. It will no longer cause me strife or effect my self-worth. I will have fun with my children. I will make my guest feel welcomed and I will spend time daily with my husband. Most importantly I will spend time with God, seeking His wisdom and understanding. Therefore, the cleanliness of my home will no longer define who I am as a mother and wife. I believe that by making my family and God the most important part of my day, my house will be presentable and welcoming to all who enter.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks! I needed to hear this. You should join Flylady.com. She sends you that gives you a focus for that day. She works in zones so eventually you'll get everything done. I love you!

    ReplyDelete