Thursday, January 6, 2011

Trust, Wisdom and Understanding

Right now in my quiet time I am absorbing Proverbs chapter 3. It has those well know verses "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." (verses 5-6; NASB). These verses are my life verses right now. I know trust is an issue in my life. I want to have control over what happens in my life and it is hard to let go and trust God in everything. So, I am holding onto these two verses and trusting that God will lead me to a place where I can trust Him fully, without reservation. It is not that I don't trust that God can do anything it is that I wander if He will. It's the "all your heart" part that I have trouble with. I have a very bad habit of worrying about things I can't control and that is what leads to the problem with trusting God with all my heart. So today and everyday afterwards I will start my journey of trusting God with my whole heart, not just the things I can control. I know that it in order to do that I have to change my thinking. I have to choose not to worry and trust God. I know the more I let the worry go the more I will trust Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment